Want to set routes? Have you ever wondered what it takes to set quality bouldering routes? Bouldering wall annual members are invited to join the Members Only Route Setting sessions. These sessions occur every 6-8 weeks throughout the school year. To become an approved route setter, you must attend the route setting orientation which occurs at the beginning of these sessions. Route Setting sessions are announced on our Facebook page.
The IUOA Bouldering Wall is nearly 1,000 square feet on three walls up to 11’ high. Bouldering is a fast-growing style of rock climbing that involves short, but challenging, routes on vertical to overhanging surfaces above a thickly padded floor. Its popularity stems from its simplicity. There are no ropes, no harnesses, and no technical equipment – just the rock, you, and your imagination!
Bouldering wall rates:
Annual membership (IUB student) - $55
Day pass (IUB student) - $5
Annual membership (non-student) - $60
Day pass (non-student) - $6
Group pass and shoe rentals available for groups of 10 or more people. Please contact Tyler for more information or to reserve a date for your group today!
Bouldering wall policies:
1. Climbers are responsible to keep themselves safe. The bouldering wall is not directly supervised by a staff person.
2. Having a spotter is the climber's responsibility and is highly recommended.
3. Once a climber’s hands reach the top lip of the wall, they must stop climbing higher and descend.
4. Only balled chalk in chalk bags are allowed at the wall. No loose chalk.
5. Climbing shoes or clean athletic shoes are permitted. No boots, sandals, or hard-soled shoes are permitted. Barefoot climbing is not permitted.
6. Objects that could lead to injuries, such as watches or jewelry should be removed.
7. Shirts must be worn.
8. Except water in closed water bottles, no food or drinks are allowed.
9. No one may use the wall under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
10. The bouldering wall room has a maximum capacity of 50. IUOA enforces the limit of climbers at or near its maximum capacity.
11. The IUOA Shop staff are available to answer questions or to respond if there is an incident requiring assistance. Please notify an IUOA staff person if there is an incident.
News & Events
Karaoke Night December 04, 2012
Location: IMU Back Alley
Couples Night December 05, 2012
Location: IMU Back Alley
UB Films Presents: Premium Rush December 06, 2012 8:00 PM
Location: IMU Whittenberger Auditorium